Apply Algo Logic To An Existing Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply Algo Logic To An Existing Order

The Existing Order Block allows you to apply algo logic to an order working in the market. #TTtips

The Existing Order block is a trading block that allows an Order Management Algorithm to take control of an existing order. An Existing Order block works in conjunction with a Single Order Container block to manage the order using the following process:
    1. When an Existing Order block takes control of an order, it generates a discrete event message containing the respective order key.
    2. The discrete event message enters the connected Single Order Container.
    3. The container retrieves the order key from the discrete message and takes control of the identified order.

Example 1 An Existing Order block recieves information about the order to which the algo has been applied. The Existing Order block generates a discrete message containing the order's information which downstram blocks can use to control the order.

https://library.tradingtechnologies....der-block.html

Hey Partick im asking for a client. How do you setup multi-leg Stop strategies? I know you ca use ADL but is there a standard easier approach? thanks

I found a similar question on line along the same subject.

"I am new to TT and ADL platform and I am planning to implement some strategies I had in other platforms inside ADL.
    The first strategy that I would like to create in ADL is a simple Breakout strategy base on the last number of N bars Highs and Lows.
    This strategy also needs a tralling stop.
    I thought it would be very easy to implement, since the strategy itself is simple, but I realized that ADL is actually a bit more difficult than I imagined.
    So, I would like to know if anyone can have tips or ideas on how to implement this kind of strategy on ADL. Maybe you have developed similar strategies and you can share your files?
    That would be really great."
    Last edited by CollinPalmer; 11-20-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

There are a few threads in our TT community ADL forum and I would push the use in that direction. I've built what he's asking for in the past but we're really not in the business of building algos for traders.

Here's an example of monitoring the range of bars:
      ​​​​​​https://community.tradingtechnologie...price-1-s.html

Comment

Disclaimer: There is a risk of loss in trading futures, forex and options. Futures, forex and options trading are not appropriate for all investors. Only risk capital should be used when trading futures. All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

This website is hosted and operated by AMP Global Clearing, LLC ("AMP"), which provides brokerage services to traders of futures and foreign exchange products. This website is intended for customer support, educational and informational purposes only and should NOT be viewed as a solicitation or recommendation of any product, service or trading strategy. No offer or solicitation to buy or sell derivative or futures products of any kind, or any type of trading or investment advice, recommendation or strategy, is made, given, or in any manner endorsed by AMP and the information made available on this Web site is NOT an offer or solicitation of any kind. The content and opinions expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of AMP.

All Users and Contributors along with their websites, products and services, are independent persons or companies that are in no manner affiliated with AMP. AMP is not responsible for, do not approve, recommend or endorse any User and/or Contributor Content referenced on this website and it’s your sole responsibility to evaluate All Content. Please be aware that any performance information provided by a user and/or contributor should be considered hypothetical.

HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN. IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM.

ONE OF THE LIMITATIONS OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS IS THAT THEY ARE GENERALLY PREPARED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. IN ADDITION, HYPOTHETICAL TRADING DOES NOT INVOLVE FINANCIAL RISK, AND NO HYPOTHETICAL TRADING RECORD CAN COMPLETELY ACCOUNT FOR THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL RISK IN ACTUAL TRADING. FOR EXAMPLE, THE ABILITY TO WITHSTAND LOSSES OR TO ADHERE TO A PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM IN SPITE OF TRADING LOSSES ARE MATERIAL POINTS WHICH CAN ALSO ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS. THERE ARE NUMEROUS OTHER FACTORS RELATED TO THE MARKETS IN GENERAL OR TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ANY SPECIFIC TRADING PROGRAM WHICH CANNOT BE FULLY ACCOUNTED FOR IN THE PREPARATION OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND ALL OF WHICH CAN ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS.

AMP has NOT endorsed or recommended the use any product, services offered by any 3rd party User or Contributor on this forum. No person employed by, or associated with, AMP is authorized to provide any information about any 3rd party User or Contributor content. All specific brokerage related questions should be directed towards AMP.

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Working...
      X