Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MultiCharts + CQG = strange "Sell x Buy Volume" chart

Hello guys,

I have a question. I downloaded and installed MultiCharts NET64 Special Edition platform with CQG demo datafeed to test it. And I was surprised that bid-ask charts looks strange. I tried to compare with another platform — Tigertrade (+ Rithmic datafeed). I made two screenshots to show you that problem. As you can see total cluster volumes (ask plus bid) are the same on the left and right, but bid and ask are different in 90-99% of clusters. How can it be?

on the left side — MultiCharts + CQG | 5minute Volume Profile | Sell x Buy Volume
    on the right side — Tigertrade + Rithmic | 5minute Bid x Ask Chart

I also tried to change the settings in MC from "Ask vs Bid Traded Delta" to "Up vs Down Tick Delta" with no luck — charts doesn't look the same.
    Please help me, may be I missed something .

P.S. sorry for my english.

hi-res screenshots are here
    https://imgur.com/pOzKk6W
    https://imgur.com/TENnt1Y

Click image for larger version  Name:	MC vs TT updowntick.png Views:	0 Size:	720.2 KB ID:	7705
    Click image for larger version  Name:	MC vs TT askbidtraded.png Views:	0 Size:	721.7 KB ID:	7704
    Last edited by dibser; 07-22-2019, 10:08 AM.

Rithmic and CQG are different datafeeds and as such there will be differences in how they digest and display incoming data. i notice that Cqg had a few more trades entered but outside of that the somewhat mirror each other. Im not sure what else to tell you as there is no "fix" for this as they are both functioning properly.

Comment

Support is right..data can vary form feed to feed. But from the example you posted they look almost spot on.

Comment

Dibser…..how did you get the chart to that in the first place? Do you mind sharing what to do to get that look, what chart type, etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by Support View Post
          Rithmic and CQG are different datafeeds and as such there will be differences in how they digest and display incoming data. i notice that Cqg had a few more trades entered but outside of that the somewhat mirror each other. Im not sure what else to tell you as there is no "fix" for this as they are both functioning properly.
          Thanks for your replies guys.

Yes I understand that datafeeds can have some differences but never thought that it could be soooo different . Today I tried to go deeper and installed demo of ATAS platform. I dont know what datafeed they are using in demo, but the bid-ask chart looks the same as bid-ask chart in Tigertrade. Please see screenshot below.

I also found old thread at MultiCharts forum where developer said that "Historical IQFeed data is provided with at bid / at ask information. Historical data for all other data providers and realtime data is calculated on MultiCharts end by comparison of ask/bid/trade data series"— https://www.multicharts.com/discussi...4086767#p64066

Maybe MC just can't properly interpret this bid-ask info?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (1190).png Views:	0 Size:	630.3 KB ID:	7730

Click image for larger version  Name:	bidaskchartscomparison.png Views:	0 Size:	135.8 KB ID:	7731
          Last edited by dibser; 07-25-2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GaOwl1 View Post
            Dibser…..how did you get the chart to that in the first place? Do you mind sharing what to do to get that look, what chart type, etc.....
            Settings tab
            chart type — regular
            resolution — 5 minute (for example)
            quote field — trade
            build volume on — trade volume
            show delta checkbox — off

Style tab
            chart type — invisible bars

Volume profile tab
            show volume profile checkbox — on
            type — buy vs sell volume
            breakdown by — ask vs bid traded delta
            time — every 1 bar
            style
            Up OC — visible
            Down OC — visible
            display text — sell x buy volume

Comment

Thank you for sharing that info, I got it to work finally on reg minute charts, will it work with any other type of chart style???

Comment

Originally posted by GaOwl1 View Post
                Thank you for sharing that info, I got it to work finally on reg minute charts, will it work with any other type of chart style???
                I'm using it with regular chart type, so I don't know

Comment

Disclaimer: There is a risk of loss in trading futures, forex and options. Futures, forex and options trading are not appropriate for all investors. Only risk capital should be used when trading futures. All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

This website is hosted and operated by AMP Global Clearing, LLC ("AMP"), which provides brokerage services to traders of futures and foreign exchange products. This website is intended for customer support, educational and informational purposes only and should NOT be viewed as a solicitation or recommendation of any product, service or trading strategy. No offer or solicitation to buy or sell derivative or futures products of any kind, or any type of trading or investment advice, recommendation or strategy, is made, given, or in any manner endorsed by AMP and the information made available on this Web site is NOT an offer or solicitation of any kind. The content and opinions expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of AMP.

All Users and Contributors along with their websites, products and services, are independent persons or companies that are in no manner affiliated with AMP. AMP is not responsible for, do not approve, recommend or endorse any User and/or Contributor Content referenced on this website and it’s your sole responsibility to evaluate All Content. Please be aware that any performance information provided by a user and/or contributor should be considered hypothetical.

HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN. IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM.

ONE OF THE LIMITATIONS OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS IS THAT THEY ARE GENERALLY PREPARED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. IN ADDITION, HYPOTHETICAL TRADING DOES NOT INVOLVE FINANCIAL RISK, AND NO HYPOTHETICAL TRADING RECORD CAN COMPLETELY ACCOUNT FOR THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL RISK IN ACTUAL TRADING. FOR EXAMPLE, THE ABILITY TO WITHSTAND LOSSES OR TO ADHERE TO A PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM IN SPITE OF TRADING LOSSES ARE MATERIAL POINTS WHICH CAN ALSO ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS. THERE ARE NUMEROUS OTHER FACTORS RELATED TO THE MARKETS IN GENERAL OR TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ANY SPECIFIC TRADING PROGRAM WHICH CANNOT BE FULLY ACCOUNTED FOR IN THE PREPARATION OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND ALL OF WHICH CAN ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS.

AMP has NOT endorsed or recommended the use any product, services offered by any 3rd party User or Contributor on this forum. No person employed by, or associated with, AMP is authorized to provide any information about any 3rd party User or Contributor content. All specific brokerage related questions should be directed towards AMP.

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Working...
                X