Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting an EasyLanguage Indicator into C# - Need Help

Hi Guys

I came here from TradeStation and as many of you know, over there we use a proprietary programming language called EasyLanguage to create and modify any existing indicators. I create a few ones myself but would like like some help converting them into C# so that I can see them in my Multicharts.

I know there is a version of Multicharts that runs EasyLanguage but I am currently using the free Special Edition of Multicharts so I have to convert my indicators into C#.

The first indicator (by far my favorite) is my Merlin Squared Moving Average.

As you can see in this screenshot, my Squared Moving Average (SMA) is more consistent and changes less time it's color. I programmed it so that when the MA goes up it has one color and another color when it goes down.

In this case, the SMA remains the same magenta down color while the standard MA changes from green to red all the time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MA-vs-SMA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.4 KB ID:	7668

Here's another example.

Here, the SMA remains blue and then changes to magenta as the price goes back down while the standard MA keeps changing again from green to red.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MA-vs-SMA-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.9 KB ID:	7669

Below is yesterday's Russell chart with a standard 50 MA. It's a big mess.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Merlin-MA.gif Views:	0 Size:	51.4 KB ID:	7670

Now let's look at it with the SMA on instead...

It's much more smooth now.

If you set it right, this Squared MA can be very useful at telling you the present direction of the market.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Merlin-SMA.gif Views:	0 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	7671

To removing the lagging to make it turn the other color when prices goes above or below the SMA, I also created a version where the SMA changes color by price cross.

Now when the price is doing a big trending move, this can help you stay in your trade longer like it did here. It turned blue around 1,576 but it never changed color until it reached 1,565 below keeping you in the short trade. A nice 11 pt trade here. :-D

Click image for larger version  Name:	Merlin-SMA-PriceX.gif Views:	0 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	7672

The beauty is that the entire code of this SMA is "only 10 code lines"!!!

I kid you not so the one who will help me convert it into C# won't have to work endless hours. :-D

So, any C# pro that feel a bit generous of their time here who can help convert this baby?

Thanks

Merlin
    Last edited by Merlin-MTL; 07-16-2019, 12:07 PM.

Ok thanks for your post and all the info. Email [email protected] and our trade support will reach out to MultiCharts tech to see if they can assist you.

Comment

Originally posted by Support View Post
      Ok thanks for your post and all the info. Email [email protected] and our trade support will reach out to MultiCharts tech to see if they can assist you.
      Got no reply from them.

Can you help me convert it? It's just 10 lines of code.

Comment

Please email again along with the 10 lines of code so we can send to MC support. thanks

Comment

Please email again along with the 10 lines of code so we can send to MC support. thanks

Why do you say that, have you seen this in the past because MC support told me that they don't this for their Free MC Special Edition.

Comment

We have had traders ask us in the past....im not sure of the cost but as a courtesy we would forward your issue to the proper channels to see if they can assist you. please provide me with your email address so we can move this along.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin-MTL View Post

Why do you say that, have you seen this in the past because MC support told me that they don't this for their Free MC Special Edition.
              Btw, this forum seems to be dead. Is there a thread or specific forum where we can chat with other traders here besides those 3rd party dev who like to hear themselves talk and post 50 posts messages about market updates without getting a single reply from anyone?

Thanks

Merlin

Comment

Merlin-MTL we have had traders ask to convert from trade station easy language to C#. They are NOT COMPATIBLE. However like i said before we can send out queries to see if we can get help for you.

Comment

Merlin-MTL . Any topic you want to discuss you are welcome to open a thread and engage our online community. that is what this forum is for.

Comment

Originally posted by CollinPalmer View Post
                    Merlin-MTL . Any topic you want to discuss you are welcome to open a thread and engage our online community. that is what this forum is for.
                    In which forum specifically?

Comment

Merlin-MTL we have had traders ask to convert from trade station easy language to C#. They are NOT COMPATIBLE. However like i said before we can send out queries to see if we can get help for you.
                      Well any code is convertible if you know BOTH codes of course. I think I found a guy who can help me on another forum because well this one is kinda dead to me.

Comment

Disclaimer: There is a risk of loss in trading futures, forex and options. Futures, forex and options trading are not appropriate for all investors. Only risk capital should be used when trading futures. All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

This website is hosted and operated by AMP Global Clearing, LLC ("AMP"), which provides brokerage services to traders of futures and foreign exchange products. This website is intended for customer support, educational and informational purposes only and should NOT be viewed as a solicitation or recommendation of any product, service or trading strategy. No offer or solicitation to buy or sell derivative or futures products of any kind, or any type of trading or investment advice, recommendation or strategy, is made, given, or in any manner endorsed by AMP and the information made available on this Web site is NOT an offer or solicitation of any kind. The content and opinions expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of AMP.

All Users and Contributors along with their websites, products and services, are independent persons or companies that are in no manner affiliated with AMP. AMP is not responsible for, do not approve, recommend or endorse any User and/or Contributor Content referenced on this website and it’s your sole responsibility to evaluate All Content. Please be aware that any performance information provided by a user and/or contributor should be considered hypothetical.

HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN. IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM.

ONE OF THE LIMITATIONS OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS IS THAT THEY ARE GENERALLY PREPARED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. IN ADDITION, HYPOTHETICAL TRADING DOES NOT INVOLVE FINANCIAL RISK, AND NO HYPOTHETICAL TRADING RECORD CAN COMPLETELY ACCOUNT FOR THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL RISK IN ACTUAL TRADING. FOR EXAMPLE, THE ABILITY TO WITHSTAND LOSSES OR TO ADHERE TO A PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM IN SPITE OF TRADING LOSSES ARE MATERIAL POINTS WHICH CAN ALSO ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS. THERE ARE NUMEROUS OTHER FACTORS RELATED TO THE MARKETS IN GENERAL OR TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ANY SPECIFIC TRADING PROGRAM WHICH CANNOT BE FULLY ACCOUNTED FOR IN THE PREPARATION OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND ALL OF WHICH CAN ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS.

AMP has NOT endorsed or recommended the use any product, services offered by any 3rd party User or Contributor on this forum. No person employed by, or associated with, AMP is authorized to provide any information about any 3rd party User or Contributor content. All specific brokerage related questions should be directed towards AMP.

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Working...
                      X