Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Robin
    commented on 's reply
    Jcavalcante - Thanks. My goal is traders "get it" Appreciated and more to come.

• jcavalcante
    commented on 's reply
    Actually I do. I like how you teach the concept of unawareness.

• Grateful55
    commented on 's reply
    k thank you I will

• Coach Robin
    commented on 's reply
    Grateful55 - RE LINK The home page top right corner works OK. Just received one. But the other pages showing the link we are having trouble with - Sorry PLEASE give it another shot. Have a great day.

• Grateful55
    commented on 's reply
    Just saw the post thanks bro you as well hope the tradings going good and I tried to take that test but I couldn’t get the link to work for some reason let me know if you have better luck

• Coach Robin
    commented on 's reply
    Jcavlcante - How the mind guides the trader through the execution of a trade IS THE NUMBER ONE indicator to what the trader has stored in their sub-conscious memory. If there are bad "thoughts going in, you will have bad reactions coming out." Most are UNAWARE of this and why the fail or have so many challenges. 70% of our reactions come from the sub-conscious memory bank. Do you KNOW what's stored in yours?

• Coach Robin
    commented on 's reply
    Grateful55 - I'll be looking for it. - Robin

• Coach Robin
    commented on 's reply
    Collin - You are very welcome will be posting more often.

• jcavalcante
    replied
    Psychology of decision-making is very interesting. Thanks for the post.

Leave a comment:

• CollinPalmer
    replied
    Grateful55 let us know how the test goes..i should take it myself as well lolol. by the way you spell your name i can tell you are a fellow deadhead...keep on truckin man

Leave a comment:

• Grateful55
    replied
    That was very helpful Coach Robin thank you, I'm heading to take the emotional trading test now as I totally got caught up last night

Leave a comment:

• CollinPalmer
    replied
    Thanks for posting Coach Robin.

Leave a comment:

• Coach Robin
    started a topic "A Professional Trader's Mindset"

"A Professional Trader's Mindset"

After 27 years coaching trader's I realized Professionals had several common threads that led to success. Foremost, was their confidence in their strategy to make money. So, having a good solid trading strategy. New traders tend to not put the time into working the details that build confidence. They take a "catch as catch can" approach and hope trades will work. Professionals traders are more specific and KNOW exactly (at least 80%-90%) their criteria will work. Now, everyone KNOWS there's NO 100% perfect strategies, if there were, we would all be trading it, right? But do you KNOW if a trade fails because in fell into the other 20% zone, or a real error? Professional do know the difference because they have experienced the mindset and had the repetition of trades in the markets to know. "The devil is in the details." They're strong confidence is not based on the illusion, it might work. They believe IT WILL WORK. That's their continuous self-talk.
    > When coaching Joe, (S&P futures trader, 37 years) I found he had great resolve in several areas of his trading similar to other Pros who were successful. They possessed the identical characteristics. He was certain that if his criteria came up the trade would work. (1-Confidence in his strategy) He also NEVER spoke of the fear of losing or hitting his stops, though they were ALWAYS in place. He looked at a trade that hit his stop 2 ways. One, the market was not working as usual, or there was going to be a better entry and to get ready for it. If the stop was hit, he would say "NEXT” and place the new trade. (2- Acceptance, they minimize losers in their mindset and do not take it personally, no Ego) They let losers go. Like a baseball player taking a swing, they will never hit a home run without swinging, and they will never hit a home run on every swing. "Swing and miss is part of the game." Trading losses are a reality of the business. They do however go back and examine the loss and make adjustments in their criteria. "Tweaking" is always necessary to keep u as markets are ever changing.
    > They keep their overall emotions in check and get away when not in control. Trading has no place for emotions or ego. They know if emotions come up, they are more likely to make unwanted errors, not being in control. They (3-have a methodology and process that gets them OUT OF and emotional mindset) Some choose meditation, some talk a walk, some stop for the day until they shake it off. But all are designed to get back to a clam mindset before taking another trade.
    So, I hope these are a few things you are doing in your trading or will start to. Create Confidence, let go of losers but examine for changes and stay in emotional control at all times. Wishing you much success.
    PS- Last year over 52 traders went through the new 30 -Day Trade Accelerator Series and experienced a 35- 40% increase in their trading. New groups (max of 7) Begin monthly. Feel free to email questions or for TAS details: [email protected] and take the free "Emotional Trading Test" on home page of www.robindayne.com Wishing you an amazing trading day. Robin

Disclaimer: There is a risk of loss in trading futures, forex and options. Futures, forex and options trading are not appropriate for all investors. Only risk capital should be used when trading futures. All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

This website is hosted and operated by AMP Global Clearing, LLC ("AMP"), which provides brokerage services to traders of futures and foreign exchange products. This website is intended for customer support, educational and informational purposes only and should NOT be viewed as a solicitation or recommendation of any product, service or trading strategy. No offer or solicitation to buy or sell derivative or futures products of any kind, or any type of trading or investment advice, recommendation or strategy, is made, given, or in any manner endorsed by AMP and the information made available on this Web site is NOT an offer or solicitation of any kind. The content and opinions expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of AMP.

All Users and Contributors along with their websites, products and services, are independent persons or companies that are in no manner affiliated with AMP. AMP is not responsible for, do not approve, recommend or endorse any User and/or Contributor Content referenced on this website and it’s your sole responsibility to evaluate All Content. Please be aware that any performance information provided by a user and/or contributor should be considered hypothetical.

HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN. IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM.

ONE OF THE LIMITATIONS OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS IS THAT THEY ARE GENERALLY PREPARED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. IN ADDITION, HYPOTHETICAL TRADING DOES NOT INVOLVE FINANCIAL RISK, AND NO HYPOTHETICAL TRADING RECORD CAN COMPLETELY ACCOUNT FOR THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL RISK IN ACTUAL TRADING. FOR EXAMPLE, THE ABILITY TO WITHSTAND LOSSES OR TO ADHERE TO A PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM IN SPITE OF TRADING LOSSES ARE MATERIAL POINTS WHICH CAN ALSO ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS. THERE ARE NUMEROUS OTHER FACTORS RELATED TO THE MARKETS IN GENERAL OR TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ANY SPECIFIC TRADING PROGRAM WHICH CANNOT BE FULLY ACCOUNTED FOR IN THE PREPARATION OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND ALL OF WHICH CAN ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS.

AMP has NOT endorsed or recommended the use any product, services offered by any 3rd party User or Contributor on this forum. No person employed by, or associated with, AMP is authorized to provide any information about any 3rd party User or Contributor content. All specific brokerage related questions should be directed towards AMP.

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.

Working...
X